Strengths Finder 2.0 Review
The Strengths Finder 2.0 is a fantastic book that helps you better understand your unique combination of strengths. Our time is better spent on doubling down on our strengths than attempting to remedy all of our weaknesses.
The Strengths Finder 2.0 book lays out 34 dominant strengths that successful people can share. Each strength is a theme that encompasses your talents. You can find a brief overview of the full list of themes here.
You also get a personalized complimentary Strengths Insight Report with the book, as well as an Action-Planning Guide!
A quick overview of strengths as defined by Strengths Finder:
Strength = Talent + Knowledge + Skills
- Strengths are our abilities to provide consistent, near-perfect performance in a specific activity
- Talents are recurring patterns of thoughts, feelings, or behaviors that can be productively applied
- Knowledge what you know, either factually or experientially
- Skills are the capacity to perform the fundamental steps of an activity
The strengths fall under 4 main domains of leadership:
- Executors: People who get things done
- Influencers: People who reach many
- Relationship Builders: People who bring people together
- Strategic Thinkers: People who dream about new possibilities
Tim Rath also has book focused on leadership. It is aptly named “Strengths Based Leadership.” Want to learn more?
After reading the book, you can take an online assessment to see which 5 talents are most dominant for you! You get a free assessment from ordering a new book.
After you order the book, you can take the assessment on the book’s website.
You can also skip the book to take the test directly at the Gallup Strengths Center.
Video Introduction to Strengths Finder
Video on Strengths Finder Report